Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Getum up Scout

I bought my son an International Scout when he was in high school. If you don't know what a Scout is, it's a forerunner of the present day SUVs.  It was two, not four, wheel drive with a manual transmission and a Nissan diesel. I thought that there was no way in hell that kid can hurt this International truck.  
WRONG  
The diesel quickly went south three times so I found a used Nissan diesel salvaged from a forklift. That engine lasted maybe six months. The kid was really a careful driver and he drove so slow it would drive me nuts. He wasn’t the problem.
I found a Chevy 3/4 ton panel truck that had been rear ended with a 350 V8 and a truck Hydramatic.  This combination proved to be magic. It was bullet proof and went like a scalded assed ape. We never had problems from that day forward. We had the Scout for maybe twelve years with no problems.  
It is one of the many vehicles that I wish I still had.  

No comments:

Post a Comment