Monday, December 18, 2023

I really hate cilantro.

 Thirteen years ago I went on a typical rant about how much I hate cilantro. Well it’s thirteen years later and, guess what, I still hate the vile stuff. Only now I know why. It is part of my makeup. It’s in my  DNA. Ed, my older son, gave me a DNA test kit for my birthday and one of the traits that they asked my about is “Do you hate cilantro?” It turns out that there are loads of us who hate the crap and it’s because of some quirk of our genes. None other than Julia Child hated the stuff also. Who new? Ina Garten doesn’t like it either. I seem to be in some pretty company. I not only on my plate or even worse in my mouth. I don’t want to be in the same time zone with it.

Isn't this modern world wonderful?  If my salty language offends someone , my wife will say "He's been this way ever since he's had those two strokes. 

If I say something that is politically or socially incorrect, she'll say "He really has no filters anymore".  Does anyone really think that I ever was politically or socially correct? To paraphrase my second wife  "He may be an asshole but knows what fork to use." Now that I have cleared up this very important issue of the age. You can resume living you’re life again.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment