Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Day and a New Deal

Today has a palindromic date. Think of it 01022010.
Read it backwards, and it becomes 01022010. Simply amazing.
Well hopefully we all survived 2009, the second crappiest year from my vantage point.
Maybe I should make some New Year's resolutions. That's always fun to see how long that they last. Should the time base be in months? Naw. Weeks? Nyet. Days? That would be pushing the envelope. Let's get real and think in hours or milliseconds.
OK.
In 2010 I resolve to be a better person. OK, that's nice and vague.
I won't drink any more. But I will also will not drink any less. Whew.
Seriously I would like to get under 200 pounds. Depending on which scale I wish to believe, that can be only five pounds. So far, so good. I would also like to resume my music practice. Just about the time I was starting to get comfortable once again with the treble clef, I got lazy once again.
Did someone say sailing? Gee. I'd like to do more of that. I put that brand new Yanmar diesel engine in about a year ago and I still don't have 100 hours on it yet. Let's see. Kids are coming for Dad's belated Christmas feast tomorrow. Prime Rib with Yorkshire puddin. Lots of Dad's gravy to ladle over the beef and pudding. Creamed spinach and lots of Claret to warsh it all down with. A simple desert and ta da, I will have done it once again. But I digress.
I took the Christmas lights down off the boat today and the decks are literally cleared for action. Next Sunday, at noon, we'll get under way. Head out towards the oil platforms and once we clear the shelf, they will be a waitin'. The whales, they be right out thar. The California Grays. Migrating down to Baja for some whale sex under Del Sol, that nice warm Mexican sun.
Perhaps DOD should endeavor to get some sex himself under that same warm sun.
Now all I have to do is replenish my bank account and the rest should take care of itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment