Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cupcake


Just a quickie. By now, you should know how much I like quickies.
Last evening, I went up to the park in Signal Hill to listen to the concert. I've been attending many free concerts this summer. The LB Municipal Band, Bellflower, Cerritos, The Peninsula etc, but my favorite is Signal Hill. They have really good musical groups and being it's a hill, as in Signal Hill, the hill forms sort of a natural amphitheater. There is a eclectic mix of people there and it's dog friendly. Hey, they're free. Cheap is good, free is better.
Last evening was a Beatles tribute band. I'm not big on tribute performers. Most aren't very good and a few are plain outright bad. These guys were The Silver Beatles, and they were fairly good.
There are a few food vender's up on the hill and I'm told that I should try the cheeseburger that is grilled over charcoal on site. A saw a few people walk by me with a cupcake and all of a sudden, I found myself Jonesing for a cupcake. I have lost thirty pounds in the last three years and keeping the pounds off is almost as big a struggle as losing them. Rarely does my tongue touch ice cream anymore. Ditto for pies, cakes and doughnuts. Trail mix is just about my only sweet indulgence anymore and the occasional dark chocolate bar to share. If you catch my drift. Wink, wink.
Anyway occasionally I feel that one must slip off of the wagon or a big fall will be imminent. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. With a large guilt like when my dog swipes food that she knows doesn't belong to her, I slither up to the cupcake line knowing that this is so wrong on so many levels when I spy the bill of fare. Cupcakes $3.50. Three fifty for a freakin' cupcake??? I can't think of a cupcake on this Earth that's worth $3.50.
I'm saved.
All is not lost, I know I'll be back for the cheeseburger next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment