Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Catch 23

After commenting on Catcher In The Rye the other day and commenting that Catch 22 is one of my favorite books, the brain got to churning again. I ordered up Catch 22, the movie, from Netflix. I hadn't watched the movie since it was in first run back in the early seventies. It, the movie, had a really great cast. Among others Alan Arkin, Jon Voight, Buck Henry, Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentis in a nude shot. Hell, Orson Wells was even in it. But I had remembered it as being so-so at best.
Well the DVD arrived in the mail and I watched it the very day that it came.
It was as dull as I had remembered it. The story line seemed too fragmented. I am not a real fan of abstract. I like my art real. When I look at a nude descending a staircase, I would actually like to see a naked woman descending an actual staircase. In the movie Pulp Fiction, the story was disjointed and jumped around but you could follow it. I don't like to ask another person who is watching "what the hell is going on"?
The airplane scenes were very good however, but all in all. It didn't improve with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment