Monday, November 1, 2010

Gimme another Tollhouse Cookie

Call it a Toll House or a Chocolate Chip cookie. Call it whatever you want, just hand me the cookies, very slowly, and nobody gets hurt.


In all of the big, big world, the Great Blue Marble, Mother Earth is there anything that you stick in your pie-hole that can measure up to a chocolate chip cookie? Oh sure there are pizzas ans shrimp and lots of other delights that you can chomp on, but in my ever so humble opinion, the chocolate chip cookie is the culinary high water mark. With milk preferably or maybe a good hearty cup o' Joe. Chocolate chip cookies are like sex, there are probably no bad cc cookies, some are just better than others.
My ex-wife thrice removed IE wife number one made maybe the best I ever had. She was an OK cook, but good God almighty can that girl bake. I've asked for the recipe, but like my mother, she aint talking no matter how much I beg. I won't beg for sex but I will beg like a dog for that recipe.
The best in my opinion are with Pecans. Pepperidge Farm Chesapeake Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookies are, undoubtedly the best that you can get out of a bag from the supermarket. The store baked Albertsons CC cookies are a good go-to cookie when the munchies set in at 10:30.
Hard to believe because I do so love chocolate, the double-double chocolate cookies are actually to chocolaty. It's all a matter of balance you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment