Friday, November 12, 2010

Is The Captain Drunk?

Of course the captain is drunk, but he is not mad. A B-29 is flying low over the marina every two, or so hours. And here is photographic evidence.
I am an airplane guy. Actually I'm more of a transportation guy. Not only do I love aircraft, I took flight training for my private pilot's license a while back. I love ships, boats, cars and motorcycles. Ask my son Ed about my Norton Commandos. Want to see pictures of my turbocharged Corsa and Spyder? Have I told you about life on board a destroyer in the Navy? Get the picture?
Any way the first thing that I ever wrote about was a B-29 bomber. It was about 1947 and I was about five years old at the time. It wasn't much of a story just about how big and loud that they were. Well here it is sixty three years later and guess what. They aren't all that loud and they're not all that big to me any more. I never actually saw one in person, or in flight until now, but the thrill is as if I was still five years old and I still get a kick out of seeing the big bird.

1 comment:

  1. I think I saw that thing take off from Coronado this morning. I thought to myself, "What the hell is that B-29 doing?" It was headed north.

    ReplyDelete