Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kosher Okayu

Among such notable discoveries that were made by accident such as Polycarbonate and Ivory Soap, I would like to offer for consideration Kosher Okayu.
After puking my guts out for the last two days I decided to cook myself up some Jewish penicillin. IE Matzo Ball Soup. I usually augment my soup with a bit of rice and Fettuccine. Gotta have some additional starch in the soup as if the Matzo Balls aren't enough. I ladled out a small portion to see if I could even get it down and also to see if I could keep it on. While sampling the first bit, I left the heat under the pot on down low. I left the heat on too low and discovered a pot full of what I initially termed as Rice Gruel. After checking out the word I realized that Gruel is rather thin and what I had was a Rice Porridge instead. Being that I am a big fan of Japanese food, I looked up the Japanese term for Rice Porridge, I knew that there had to be something like that in the Japanese diet, and it is called either Congee or Okayu.
As I like rice so much, I'm sure that Okayu will become a mainstay of my diet when my tummy has been KOed either by illness or gross abuse. But if I use Matzo Ball soup as a base, I can then combine two of my favorite cuisines, Japanese and Jewish. Compai and La Cheim.

No comments:

Post a Comment