Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dave

As Sadie and I walked down the gangway this evening, I noticed that there were six slips in a row that all were vacant. This meant that our dock neighbor Dave has left for the Marquesses on his 38 foot cutter. Now Dave and I were never all that close. Hell I don't even know what his last name is but as they say, there goes the neighborhood. First Kenny Schmidt moved back to the Golf of Mexico in Mississippi. Then Barb and Hugh moved to gangway 13. Rich and Nancy came back from their Baja cruise and then bought a house and moved on the hard in Temecula. George and Melinda then took off to Baja and upon their return, gave up their slip and moved to live full-time on a mooring in Avalon. Mark is buying a condo and moving on the hard with his girlfriend. Hell, it's getting downright quiet down here. Who knows, maybe soon, I'll be heading south and the two Andys will be bitching about my leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment