Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Flugtag



Let's see, what to do this weekend. Oh yah. Red Bull is staging a flugtag here in Long Beach. In case you're not familiar with this event, allow me to explain. First of all, as you probably figured out, Flugtag is German. Flug means flt and tag, pronounced tock, means day. Got it Flying Day.
It's a joke. Those Krauts have a warped sense of humor. The whole idea is teams build flying machines out of strofoam and ripcloth and assemble them with duct tape and a glue gun. The idea is to see how far these craft will fly off of a thirty foot high platform.
Get the joke yet? There aint no way these things can fly. Fall yes, fly nope.
Any way, on Saturday I took the Golden Girl down to Rainbow Harbor, my old live aboard home and enjoyed the party with 105,000 other aviation fans. Sadie wasn't impressed, I was. It was a bucket list event for me. Vini, vidi, vichi. I came, I saw, I had a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment