Sunday, August 15, 2010

Travels With Andy, La Paz

Andy and I got into La Paz Friday afternoon. It was a fun trip, but I was glad the we were finally in town. The Slice of Life II is a seventy foot Pacemaker and is about the most luxurious boat afloat. Each stateroom has it's own air-conditioner unit. After the 106 degree heat outside it made for near-perfect napping, which I did.
The Slice has a very nice hard-bottomed inflatable dingy so after my nap, I took a spin around the marinas after which, we all took advantage of the marina's pool.
To sum things up. Would I take this trip again? Yes.
In a car? I wouldn't. But I'm a pickup guy. The road is "paved" and for most of the trip, in pretty good condition. I would also carry one, or better yet two, five gallon cans of gas. There are some pretty long stretches between gas station in central Baja. A map that shows where gas stations are located is a must. The Mexican map that we bought along the way sucked. It wasn't, at all, up to date. Some of the places that showed Pemex stations located had crumpled vestiges. The AAA map is much more accurate.
Is it dangerous? It never even crossed my mind that there was a possibility of danger while we were on the road.
Did I burn out on Mexican food? Yes, but only for a day, or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment