Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Travels With Sadie, Day Eight Denny & Alex

I know that this is a bit out of sequence but today has been one hell of a day so far.
I am in Cumming GA with old and dear friends Scott and Deb Douglas who I've known for over thirty years. Deb's mother Irene is also here. Irene is one of the nicest people that I've ever met and one hell of a cook to boot.
I started out the day by finding out that my friend of forty years Denny Moore has died. The whys and wherefores I still don't know because everyone back in California is at his funeral.
Before that could really sink in, my son Dave called to tell me that he is at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach and that they are inducing labor on Amy. My soon to be new grandson, Alex, is a week overdue and poor little Amy just can't lug the big galoot around any more.
So it is a classic example, for me, of one door closing and another door opening.
The circle of life.
Stay tuned. Film at eleven.
Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment