Saturday, April 24, 2010

Travels With Sadie, Day Four. Louisiana

I worked like a dog all day. Sadie worked like a Golden Retriever, IE she napped. She also found a thicket of prickly balls to roll in. She has hundreds embedded in her thick golden fur coat. They won't brush out and have to be clipped. I have been hankering for Cajun food, so for lunch we went to Big Al's Seafood. Big Al's sounds like a great way to plunge in. We ordered Crayfish, by the pound.
My customer ordered five pounds, which sounded like too much so I ordered one pound. He upped it to two pounds and told the waitress that he would polish off what I didn't. Two pounds was just about right for this two hundred pounder. We had some corn cobbettes and boiled potatoes for sides. My hands still smell of mudbugs from shelling the little critters. After driving for three straight days and then working all day, all I wanted to do was take something back to my room and eat it with a cold beer, shower and fall into bed. My customer, Joe Fox, recommended The New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood Company, which is where I went. I took home the thin sliced fried Catfish, which he also recommended with Jumbo Shrimp, New Orleans style coleslaw, garlic fries and hush-puppies. A sixteen oz. cold beer and I was ready for sleep.
Today, as I head for Moss Point Mississippi, I am stopping to get a Beignet and coffee for the road. I'll also try to grab a Muffuletta or Po' Boy.

1 comment:

  1. Danny and Clyde's, a gas station franchise down there, has some of the best Po Boy's around.

    We just did 400 pounds of sausage this weekend, 100 alone in breakfast links...

    ReplyDelete